Friday, December 19, 2014

Listography: 5 Christmas Songs I Hate

Last week I posted the my top 5 favorite Christmas songs.  While I generally try to stay positive, well at least that's what I tell myself, this week I'm posting the 5 Christmas songs I hate.  Here we go....


Christmas Shoes by the Christian band New Song
I think I'm the only Christmas music liker who hates this song.  A dirty kid can't afford to buy shoes for his mom who is about to die.  Pretty depressing for a Christmas song.  I know there's a higher meaning of thinking of others instead of ourselves but I just don't like this song.




Hands by Jewel
Our local radio station that turns to playing all Christmas music on the day after Thanksgiving thinks that this song is a Christmas song.  It's not.  And it's awful.



I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus by the Jackson 5
It's kind of creepy that little Michael is watching his mom make out with Santa.  And seems excited about it.  Then he turns out to be a tattletale.  No one likes a tattletale.


All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth by Spike Jones & his City Slickers
No.



Wonderful Christmastime
Don't get me wrong, I love Paul McCartney but this song makes me want to drown myself.  How many times does he have to say "Simply having a wonderful Christmastime"?  Who ever wrote this song needs to be tarred and feathered.




Honorable mention...well sort of.... any Christmas song by Celine Dion or Mariah Carey.  A lot!  Unfortunately I like All I want for Christmas is you by Mariah.  Why couldn't it be sung by anyone else?  At this years annual tree lighting event at Rockefeller Center Mariah sand All I want for Christmas is you.  And it was not good.  At all.  Furthering the proof that she's just a drama queen, a hack, and can't really sing without being dubbed over or altered in some way.
Below is that spectacle.  You're welcome.


What Christmas songs do you hate?








No comments:

Post a Comment