Thursday, December 4, 2014

Your dog ate what?

We (and when I say we I mean T) recently (and when I say recently I mean in the past 3 months) adopted a dog from the SPCA.  We (and when I say this we it's supposed to mean we but ended up meaning me) didn't want to get another dog since the current dog we have, Sassy a Jack Russell, is getting pretty old and we wanted her to live out the remainder of her days/months/years in peace and benefiting from being an only dog.  Well T made an instant connection to this dog and somehow weaseled her way in to our little family.  Her name at the SPCA was Jennifer (Jennifer is not a dog name) and we renamed her Penny.  She is a Jack Russel mix.
                                          Sassy                                   Penny (with Sassy in the background)
       

Originally we separated the two when no one was home.  But as time moved on and they warmed up (and by warmed up I meant they could sit on the same piece of furniture without killing each other) we left them out to freely roam the house.  Last week they must have gotten in to some kind of scuffle when no one was home because Sassy had a wound on her snout and under her chin.  Poor Sassy milked the shit out of her injuries and soaked up all the extra attention.  So we went back to separating them when they were alone.  Sassy would stay in the living room and Penny was confined to the bedroom.  Penny was not happy.  At.  All.  She was so mad she ate the crotch out of my underwear (nothing else, just the crotch) and a belt.  
  
This was an adult size belt and this is what remains of said belt.  That belt didn't have a chance.

Underwear I get I guess almost all dogs love underwear, but a belt?  How in the hell is a belt appetizing or appealing?  It must have been good to have gotten that much of a belt down with only a small bowl of water and no fork or knife.  Needless to say, a week later and she's still pooping it out.

2 comments:

  1. Lol i had Yorkiepoo that was indeed a panty raider. He stole a pair of a friends when she visited once. (But we didn't know that at the time) My gf (then,ex now) found them months later under our bed and was convinced for a good minute that i had cheated! Hell rained down on me all because my pup was a guchie thief!
    oh dogs will chew and are attracted to leather items. If your belts leather that's why. That's why they like shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully she hasn't eaten anything else....or we've just gotten better at putting things out of her reach.

      Delete