Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Listography

LIST
As a noun
1.A number of connected items or names written or printed consecutively, typically one below the other.
2.An instance of a ship leaning over in such a way.
3.Desire; inclination: "I have little list to write".



We all make lists. Some mentally, some written down, some written down and color coded or categorized in a neat little file box.

Some lists are part of a game (Remember that HOUSE game we used to play as kids where you listed a whole bunch of stuff and it was supposed to determine who we would marry, what kind of job we would have, what kind of car we would drive, and what kind of house we would live in-if only life were that simple). Some lists are quick and easy reminders (Dry cleaners, Car wash, Library). Some lists are embarrassing (Now who did I contract these crabs from?-and no I am not speaking from experience). Some lists are complex (Cutting people from a guest list is no easy task). And some lists are emotional (which reminds me I should probably start a will, even though I have nothing of value, I want to make sure my stamp collection goes to my Uncle Smitty-Just kidding, I don't have a stamp collection or an Uncle Smitty).

Lately my lists consist of boring things like items to be done at work, errands I need to run, people I need to send cards to, and even groceries.

Any way they are made and regardless of their topic....they are out there and everybody makes them.

Kate Takes 5 used to host a weekly List feature that I participated in. I know she is super busy and may not be completing this feature every week.  u I kind of like the idea so I'll be completing at least 1 new list each week (if I'm bored maybe more).  Each list will be 5 items on a certain topic.  There may be more that I would like to add but 5's a good base number.

If you have a suggestion for a list? Let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment